Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins

My friend made these for me after I had James. They are the *best ever* starving nursing mother midnight snack. I was craving them the other day and thought I'd post them here for all to enjoy.

Leanne's Pumpkin Muffins

4 Eggs
1 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 cups Oil
14 Oz Can pumpkin Puree (I used a 15 ouncer...no big deal though)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat germ (I used 7 grain cereal)
1/4 cup oat bran (I used wheat bran)
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 raisins (craisins are good too)
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 cup rolled oats for topping (I didn't make the topping)

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a small bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin until well mixed
-In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients, except rolled oats for topping
-Make a well in the middle of dry ingredients
-Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients, stir to moisten
-Fill 24 greased or paper-lined muffin cups to the top. Sprinkle with rolled oats
-Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean

Yield: 24 large muffins

Variations:

-1/2 cup rolled oats may be substituted for the 1/4 cup wheat germ and the 1/4 cup oat bran
-1/2 cup applesauce may be substituted for 1/2 cup of the oil
-1 cup of all-purpose flour may be substituted for 1 cup of whole-wheat flour

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Jennie, I make pumpkin muffins all the time and am excited to try them a new way. I make them and freeze them, zuccini one's too and throw them in the kids lunches. They defrost by lunchtime and are a delicious treat for the kids!

    ReplyDelete